All the News
The natural gas market is booming and will increase in the medium term, but many factors point to a less promising future.
Until recently, natural gas was acclaimed as the "cleanest" of fossil fuels and all indicators point to an increase in demand and production.
Coface's fourth survey on payment terms in Morocco shows a situation that remains worrying despite a slight improvement.
Coface presents its fourth survey on the payment behavior of companies in Morocco. Carried out at the beginning of 2019, this survey aims to monitor the evolution of payment terms and delays between the various Moroccan economic actors.
Positive revenue trend and an increase of 17% in 2017 compared to the previous year for wholesale of wood, construction materials and sanitary equip...
Positive revenue trend and an increase of 17% in 2017 compared to the previous year for wholesale of wood, construction materials and sanitary equipment
• 17% increase in consolidated revenues in the sector;
• The money conversion cycle became positive in 2017, 3 days, from -1 day in 2016;
• Decrease in the period of receivables collection from 64 to 60 days.
• More than one third of companies (43%) registered a decrease in revenues;
• Almost a third of the companies operating in this sector do not obtain profit from their core business;
• Among companies with turnover > EUR 1 Million, 2018 was a maximum in terms of the number of incidents recorded and the number of companies for which they were registered.
China coordinated its approach to 5G and some successes are already visible. However, China still relies on imports, especially for high-end products, leaving the sector exposed to protectionist threats. Moreover, the deployment of 5G networks by Chinese companies is perceived as a cybersecurity risk by many recipient countries. The US is banning Huawei equipment and pressing its allies to do the same, which could limit the growth of Chinese 5G in the future.Read More
In a global economic slowdown, luxury continues to outperform but faces new challenges
Counterfeiting, e-commerce, Chinese consumers importance - even if it is generally relatively spared by recessions, the luxury market must adapt to a profoundly changing economy if it does not want to lose its exceptional status.
Road freight transport sector: 61% of the companies in this sector exposed to a medium to high and high risk of insolvency
• Consolidated sector revenues increased by 14%
• Over a third of the companies (40%) made investments in 2017
• Profitability ratios have remained at the same level as last year
• Over half of the companies in the sector are exposed to an insolvency risk above average
• The car fleet is obsolete, with 75% of the registered vehicles in use at the end of the year being older than 10 years, in line with the modest evolution of the infrastructure
• Over one third of the companies (43%) reported a decrease in revenues
When Narendra Modi ran for Prime Minister in 2014, he pledged to boost the competitiveness of India’s industrial sector to promote growth. Modi will be running for president again in India’s general elections between 11 April and 19 May. The economy is in a better position than it was in 2014, but many of the structural fragilities that Modi inherited continue to afflict India today and a mixed track record in terms of economic reforms has dampened enthusiasm for Modi.Read More
Coface anticipates a 3% increase in insolvencies in Western Europe and 4% in Central and Eastern Europe
• Signs of a slowing global economy continue to accumulate
• 2019 - the number of insolvencies will increase in two-thirds of countries (+3% in Western Europe)
• The chemical industry in Europe and North America is suffering from fewer opportunities in the automotive sector
• Improvements in assessments are concentrated in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia's upgrade (B)
Coface strengthens its market position in the Adriatic region by acquiring SID - PKZ, the leading credit insurance company in Slovenia
Coface announces today the acquisition of SID - PKZ, the market leader in credit insurance in Slovenia with a high market share. As Coface has acquired all SID - PKZ shares, the business will operate under the new brand name Coface PKZ. The acquisition supports Coface’s strategy of profitable growth in Central & Eastern Europe region.Read More
Local companies set to benefit from Coface’s expertise in risk prevention and payment protection.
In line with its strategic ambition to grow in promising new markets, Coface is launching its credit insurance offer in Greece. Coface is now able to strengthen its support to Greek businesses, by providing them with its recognised expertise in monitoring the credit-worthiness of millions of companies all over the world, and by protecting their commercial transactions.
In 2018, insolvencies in Romania remain at approximately the same level of 2017, but the forecasts show an increase of at least 20% in 2019-2020
The macroeconomic context becomes unstable, following the procyclical fiscal policies that cause the increase of a very high fiscal deficit in a period of attenuated economic growth. The number of insolvent companies in 2018 is similar to the one registered in the previous year, namely almost 8,200 companies, and continues to be on the level of the last decade.Read More
The international credit insurance company Coface presents its tenth annual study on the biggest 500 companies in Central and Eastern Europe – the Coface CEE Top 500. It ranks the businesses by their turnover and additionally analyses further facts such as the number of employees, the framework of the companies, sectors and markets as well as the new Coface company credit assessments. The trend of the CEE Top 500 reflects developments in the region.Read More
Insolvencies are the minimum level of the last ten years, but the level of losses generated to creditors is close to the maximum in the last decadeRead More
4,199 new insolvency procedures were initiated in the first semester of the current year, down by 5% fewer in relation to the same period of the previous year, when 4,442 insolvency procedures were initiated.Read More