POST-PANDEMIC PRODUCTION RELOCATION: AN OPPORTUNITY FOR CEE COUNTRIES?
Here are themain points addressedin this Coface study:
A favourable context
Foreign trade and inclusion in supply chains had already increased for Central & Eastern European (CEE) in recent years, boosted by most of its countries’ decision to join the European Union (EU) in 2004.
• An educated workforce
• Geographical proximity to Western Europe
• Low labour costs
• Relatively good infrastructure
• A stable business climate
• Improving productivity through greater use of automation and "robotization".
Various sectors concerned
• The automotive industry, the industrial backbone of the region
• But also: the production of machinery, chemicals, and electrical & electronic equipment, as well as the transport and storage sectors
• And new opportunities: outsourcing of services through digitalization and a large ICT talent pool
Marketing and Communications Specialist
42 Pipera St., 6th Floor - 020112
District 2 - Bucharest
T: +40 37 467 08 86